1. How long have you been involved with the Open Door Centre?
I have been involved with the Open Door Centre since February 2017.
2. What made you get involved with the Open Door Centre?
My boss from the pub where I currently work told me about The Open Door Centre, I later found out that one of my friends was doing the Creative Therapeutic Support at the centre as well. After researching more I learnt that this was something I would definitely like to get involved with as I was also interested in gaining experience in mental health.
3. What is the best thing about being a member of the team?
It is a great feeling to be part of a team which does such an amazing job in helping others. Knowing you are making a difference in someone’s life is extremely rewarding.
4. What do you like to do outside of the centre?
Outside of the centre I enjoy socialising with my friends and family, going to the gym and also cooking!
5. What makes a good member of the team?
Someone who genuinely cares for other people’s heath and well-being and can listen and understand any problems would make a good member of the team.
6. One tip for feeling good..
Understanding that you are in control of your own happiness.. life is so much better when you’re smiling!