OUR AMBASSADORS – ALEX
1. How long have you been involved with the Open Door?
1 year 8 months
2. What made you want to get involved with the Open Door?
I’ve always been passionate about helping people and raising awareness for mental health. Having both an anxiety and depressive disorder myself, I became a member and took part in the Creative Therapeutic Support (Beating the Blues) at the centre. At the time I was in my second year of my psychology degree and went on to complete the Opening Doors Volunteering Initiative as I wanted to help support others – as well as gaining mentor experience and training for future career opportunities within the field of mental health.
3. What is the best thing about being a member of the team?
The best part about being a member of the team is having the opportunity to meet new people on a daily basis and being involved in a unique charity which is destroying mental health stigmas through creative activities, arts and therapies.
4. What do you like to do outside of the centre?
Outside of the centre I enjoy keeping fit, fundraising and eating vegan food.
5. What makes a good member of the Open Door team?
Compassion, reliability and a strong understanding of the charity culture and ethos.
6. One tip for feeling good…
Get up, get dressed, put on your favourite playlist and enjoy the world outside.
make a donation
a multi award winning modern support service for young adults
🧠 bespoke CCBT
💡 training & volunteering